Facts You Need To Know About Massage Therapy Miami FL
Massage therapy Miami FL is a vast field. It does not just stop at pills and handful of medicines but is a physical and mental process. Many people believe and practice healing through magical crystals while others do not believe in any such phenomenon. The truth is, therapy has many faces and not a simple face fits everyone. Massage in North Miami is also one of such therapies applied in medical science and which has delivered commendable results in the past. Even though this therapy traces its origins from centuries back, there are still not many people who know properly about it.
What Is Massage Therapy?
Massage Therapy is one of the most effective and affordable forms of therapy available today. Massage is an ancient form of healing that has been practiced for over 5000 years. Massage can be described as a systematic, hands-on method that aims to improve the health and wellbeing of the body by using techniques such as long strokes, kneading, rubbing, vibration, percussion or shaking movements. Massage therapy is widely used for its health benefits, including improved flexibility, circulation, range of motion and relaxation. Also, mental health benefits include relief from stress, depression, anxiety and other emotional disorders. Massage is available at all levels of care. Massage can be done in a dedicated center or even at your home.
Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy Miami FL
Acupuncture, Acupressure, Shiatsu, Thai massage and Reflexology are other forms of massage that fall into the category of alternative medicine. The two major categories of alternative medicine include mind-body healthcare and conventional medical therapies. In contrast to traditional medicine, which is based on the use of natural remedies or surgical techniques, complementary or alternative medicines have been developed by combining conventional medical approaches with natural elements from an Eastern point of view – for example herbs and natural oils.
- There are very many different kinds of massage therapy. Many massage therapies are categorized according to the type of practitioner, such as Thai massage therapy or Swedish massage therapy. Massage in North Miami is not limited to physical touch, but others can include other forms of communication, such as sound therapy (auditory) and visual (kinesthetic). Some massage therapies may also incorporate musical sound technologies. There are different massages for Chronic pain, Cancer, Depression, Digestive Disorders, Exercise-induced injuries, Headaches, etc.
- Massage therapy miami fl is used to improve your overall health and well-being, as well as reduce your risk of illness and disease. It can be used to alleviate pain, improve circulation, relieve stress, prevent injuries (from sports or accidents) and promote mental health. Massage can also help with muscle problems, such as muscular dystrophy or arthritis.
- Massage therapy benefits are often dependent on what part of the body is being massaged. Massage of the abdomen and lower back can increase circulation and reduce back pain. Massages of the chest and upper back may increase respiration and promote relaxation. Massage of the shoulders, neck and face courses of the spine, arms and hands may improve blood flow to these parts of the body. So, different massage therapy is performed for different needs.
- Massage therapy miami fl improves flexibility, range of motion and gravitational mobility by stretching muscles in all areas of the body. Therapists also use a variety of manual techniques to stimulate blood flow and break up adhesions (knots) that cause pain and restrict mobility. Massage helps reduce stiffness, soreness, fatigue, muscle tension and spasm.
- Messages in North Miami are great for improving sleep. One study showed that people who regularly used messages prior to bedtime fell asleep faster and reported feeling more rested upon waking up. Also, massage can help eliminate nightmares, curb insomnia and promote restful sleep. The relation between massage and sleep is that the massage works to break down cortisol, which is a hormone that is released in response to stress. When this hormone builds up in the body it can decrease the amount of time spent sleeping and increase worrying during the day. The massage helps reduce stress, which in turn helps people sleep well.
- According to some studies, massage therapy can reduce the degree of stress associated with surgery by 50 to 70 percent in some patients. In fact, one study published in the “Journal of the American Medical Association” reported that breast cancer patients who received a weekly massage for eight weeks experienced less pain and anxiety from chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
- Two of the most essential times of life when a woman should get a constant massage is during and after pregnancy, in the form of prenatal and postnatal massage. Common issues faced by pregnant women are back pain, hip pain, leg pain, foot pain, knee pain, reproductive health issues, and many more. Many suffer from Postpartum Depression. Massage in North Miami can help relieve these symptoms. It improves the health of the mother as well as the child. It also helps to reduce delivery pain and those experienced after childbirth.
So, the importance of massage is indisputable. We, here at Medlife Massage, offer all kinds of massages suiting your need and preference. Our tender hands can heal, relax and let you feel jubilant again.